10.5.13

Star-Trekking Across the Universe

Today I'm boldly going where I have gone before. I did a Star Trek mani agesss ago, but as the new one is out today I just had to do nails for it. I went for the same sort of nails I did last time with the three colours, command gold, medical and science blue, and engineering and security red and the others as a nebula. Also holding something that isn't a polish bottle for photos is the most awkward thing ever, so please excuse my weird hand poses for this post.
The blue on my ring finger was a mix of Barry M Cyan Blue, A England Galahad and W7 White. The Yellow was a mix of Barry M Yellow, Spring Green and W7 White. The other colours I used were China Glaze Adventure Red-y, W7 Black, Barry M Gold Foil, Silver Foil, Gosh Holographic Hero, La Femme un-named green and purple. I topped everything off with China Glaze Fast Forward.
As you can see the yellow is not at all the right shade for the shirts they wore, but I spent ages mixing colours and it was either too olive green or too yellow. So I gave up and went with the too yellow colour. I think I need to buy Opi Did It On 'Em as that looks like it would be pretty close to the colour I need.